HR Policy Highlights
This manual establishes human resource policies, procedures, and service rules applicable to all WTS employees. The purpose is to establish human resource policies and practices to govern relations between WTS and its employees.
We are sure that this HR policy highlights will make it easy for you to refer to these policies instead of relying on memory.
Subject to the terms of the Agreement, WTS reserves the right, at its discretion, to change the policy at any time based on prevailing market practices and the evolution of WTS products and services.
A new employee must serve his or her first six months of employment as a probationary period. For the intern, their probation period will start once they complete their internship. During the probation period, employees are not eligible for the CLs or SLs, or WFH.
All staff employees are contractually obliged to work productively for 8 hours a day. WTS’s normal hours of work are from 10 a. m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, with one hour off for lunch each day. Attendance and punctuality are expected from all employees. All the project tasks that you do must be recorded in the internal project management system.
Leaves and Holidays
- Casual Leave (CL): After the probation period, all employees are eligible for 7 CLs. CLs will be credited on a pro-rata basis based on the calendar year (January-December). At the end of the year, balance leaves will lapse. In any case, no CLs will be encashed or carried over to the next calendar year.
- Sick Leave (SL): After the probation period, all employees are eligible for 7 CLs. SLs will be credited on a pro-rata basis based on the calendar year (January–December) At the end of the year, unused balance leaves will be carried over to the next year.
- Compensatory Off (CO): An employee is eligible for compensatory time off when he or she has worked on an important assignment on any of the national, festival, or declared off days. No cash reimbursement. Employees are not supposed to ask their managers for time off; rather, their respective managers will be initiating it.
- Leave Without Pay (LWP): In the absence of a leave balance, the employees have the option to go on leave under LWP. All leaves taken during probation will be considered unpaid leaves, or LWP.
- About Emergency/Unplanned Leaves: Unplanned leaves are considered if they aren’t raised: Before 2 working days, in case of up to 2 days leave. Before 5 business working days, in case of more than 2 and less than 5. Before 2 weeks, In case of 5 days or more than 5 days. For any unplanned leave request, the balance leave will be deducted 1.5 times; in the absence of balance leave, the salary will be deducted 1.5 times. A half-day unplanned leave would be treated as a full-day leave.
- Leave Application Process: Seek permission to leave from the project manager(s) with whom you are working. Once approved by the project manager(s), apply for leave at WTS’s management system. Only you can consider approved, planned leave once it has been approved by and recorded in WTS’s management system. The sandwich rule is applicable to all types of leaves.
- Public Holidays: We have 10 official public holidays every year. The holiday calendar for the respective year will be circulated to all the employees on the first day of the year.
The pay period runs from the first day to the last day of the month. The pay period will be adjusted based on the date, from any day of the month to the last day of the month, accordingly. The salary for the pay period will be deposited into the bank on the 10th of the following month.
Long Service Benefits
Long-service benefits are intended to reward employees for their loyalty. Traditionally, benefits are given every 3, 6, 9, 12, and above of employment. All the eligible employees are entitled to: Long-term-service Employees who have worked for the WTS for three years or more are eligible for the two additional casual leaves at the end of each three-year slab. For example, if an employee completes three years in the WTS, he or she is eligible for nine CLs; similarly, after six years, 11 CLs are awarded.
After the probationary period, the yearly appraisal policy applies to all employees. The annual appraisal cycle runs in the month of December. A performance appraisal does not always result in an automatic salary increase. The employee’s overall performance and salary level relative to position responsibilities will be evaluated to determine whether a salary increase is warranted. All employees and staff will be appraised on a scale of 1–5 (only whole numbers). No other scale may be substituted.
Office etiquette has been developed in order to foster a professional environment at WTS and to present an image of the company consistent with its values and culture. Smart business casuals are expected, except for formal occasions or meetings where formal western attire is expected to be worn. During office hours, optimize socializing—both online and offline and mobile usage. Use office assets wisely, such as air conditioning, fans, and lighting.
Training & Internship
WTS offers an unpaid up to 6-month internship to a college final semester student who passes the tests and agrees to the criteria decided by WTS. Training duration may vary depending on learning performance. Interns will receive certification upon successful completion of their internship. Trainees/Interns do not attain any rights toward career service or regular employment during the decided period. Trainees/Interns will be evaluated based on their performance after the period is complete, and then the employment terms will be discussed.
- Work From Home: Permanent WFH is entirely subject to circumstances and the prior approval of respective supervisors. After the probationary period, any employee is eligible and can do WFH for a maximum of 12 working days in a calendar year.
- Recognition and Celebrations: WTS awards recognition such as “Performer of the Year,” “POQ (Performer of the Quarter),” “Most Punctual,” and many others and shows its appreciation with a token of love. WTS celebrates employee birthdays with cake and written birthday wishes, as well as festivals such as Janmashtami, Holi, Navratri, Christmas, weekdays (Mis-match Day, Injury Day, Black Day, etc.), and many more.
- Skill Development: As per WTS, employees have the right to improve their efficiency by expanding their skills, and knowledge. This includes employee mentoring, changing job responsibilities, job shadowing, individual or corporate learning, improvising technical skills, managerial skills, soft skills, and participation in meetings. WTS arranges a full-day code fest every year for all employees, including lunch or snacks. A communication session is a give-and-take opportunity where employees can improve their LSRW (Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writing).
- Fun / Leisure Activities: WTS celebrates the second and last Fridays of the month with games and fun employee engagement activities that focus more on every employee’s heart and mind, followed by snacks. WTS celebrates year-end by organizing games, activities, and contests like a treasure hunt to bring teams together before the New Year. This is organized in such a way with varying levels of complexity and teamwork that it becomes a lifelong memory.
- Annual Trip: WTS organizes a memorable trip for all employees once a year to give them an opportunity to explore exciting features, try out new things, and enjoy the moment.
- Accommodation: WTS offers tailor-made accommodations for boys only near the office with a subsidized fee excluding maintenance and electricity for selected WTS branch locations subject to certain rules.
- Travel Coverage: Depending on your profile and the types of duties that require travel, the company will either prepay or reimburse your travel expenses. We are constantly focused on collecting bills because travel expenses will be reimbursed or adjusted based on the bills provided.
- Phone Coverage: If agreed upon and based on your profile, the company will prepay or reimburse your phone or mobile bill.
- Loan / Advances: The company is delighted to assist all team members with their financial needs. Prior to giving one month’s notice, an employee who has been with the company for at least one year can apply for an interest-free loan of up to three times his or her monthly salary. To validate all of the circumstances, the approval process can take up to 15 days. After 3 months of loan disbursement, the repayment will be divided into 3–6 installments.
Any employee who is found to have been involved in violence, harassment, bullying, or discriminatory behavior will be subject to immediate disciplinary action. WTS is an equal opportunity employer. All sorts of intoxication (such as drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, and tobacco) are strictly prohibited and are a mandate for employment.
An employee must formally resign by sending an email to HR, the reporting manager, and the project manager. The notice period will begin once the resignation is accepted by HR. The employee is required to serve a one-month notice period from the date of acceptance of the resignation. An employee’s inability to work on continuous discipline and productivity gaps can be subjected to an enforced ‘soft termination’. As part of the full and final settlement, the employee will receive a Relieving letter, an Experience letter, and a Salary certificate from the company.
If you have any questions about this HR Policy, please contact us:
- By email: [email protected]