The 3 Types Of Intelligence You Need To Build Today!
Intelligence matters. While it may seem counter-intuitive, these more human traits are especially important in data-driven fields like technology. Google has screened potential employees for their “learning ability” – the ability to solve problems on the fly – for years. Many business leaders have begun to place more emphasis on “soft skills” – you know, those intangible qualities that make the difference between being a dear or dreary coworker.
The intangible qualities that help you work and interact effectively with the people around you maybe even better predictors of success than IQ, according to experts. Here’s why: measuring up in soft skills improves teamwork, helps you be a better leader and helps you work more efficiently.
One thing is certain, we’re all different. Each of us has our natural strengths and weaknesses. Knowing yourself and your strengths and weaknesses are one of the keys to doing well in life.
Some might even net you a bigger paycheck.
1. EQ: Emotional intelligence quotient
Emotional intelligence is one part of the human psyche that we can develop and improve by learning and practicing new skills. Emotional Intelligence (EI), also known as Emotional Quotient (EQ), is the ability to manage one’s emotions and the emotions of others. It helps you build stronger relationships, succeed at school and work, and achieve your career and personal goals. It can also help you to connect us with others, understand ourselves better, and live a more authentic, healthy, and happy life
Emotional intelligence is defined by four attributes:
- Self-management – You’re able to control impulsive feelings and behaviors, manage your emotions in healthy ways, take initiative, follow through on commitments, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Self-awareness – You recognize your own emotions and how they affect your thoughts and behavior. You know your strengths and weaknesses and have self-confidence.
- Social awareness – You have empathy. You can understand the emotions, needs, and concerns of other people, pick up on emotional cues, feel comfortable socially, and recognize the power dynamics in a group or organization.
- Relationship management – You know how to develop and maintain good relationships, communicate clearly, inspire and influence others, work well in a team, and manage conflict.
2. DQ: Decency quotient
DQ goes one step further than EQ. Humility is a big part of DQ. DQ implies a larger picture, interacting with others with respect and humility in a firm. Considering someone else’s point of view and taking their needs into account. Mainly it’s making sure everyone feels positive, respected, and valued, develops a sense of trust, and gets people to participate more fully. When the potential of an individual is unlocked, the entire team thrives, says Boulding. “A great team always beats a great individual.”
Key attributes to build your decency quotient
- Surround yourself with a diverse team.
- Confront your prejudices.
- Express gratitude.
3. CQ: Curiosity quotient
Curiosity quotient is a sense of wonder about the world that provokes a person to continually learn new things, innovate, and adapt to changes in their environment. Remember that Curiosity leads to passion and passionate people are driven to succeed. So your Curiosity Quotient describes just that skill set — the ability and motivation to learn and to make sense of the world around us in new and innovative ways. Curiosity is quite critical because it primes the brain for learning. It’s much easier to learn not-so-interesting things when we’re feeling curious because when you are curious, the limbic reward system of the brain illuminates.
In this blog, we have briefly covered the concept of ‘intelligence’ that makes you succeed. The evolution of intelligence might consider what selection pressures generate and maintain the higher levels of intelligence that humans are generally thought to possess. We hope this blog was useful and you will work on your intelligence for a better future. Drop a line of the message and we will be right back within 24hrs.